It's PANCAKE time! And I have THE BEST recipe for gorgeously fluffy oat pancakes. Seriously, it's the only pancake recipe you will ever need!
These pancakes are made with oats, which provide protein (in fact this recipe provides about 14.5g per serving) and makes this pancakes gluten-free. And also, kinda healthy ;)
I just devoured this whole stack haha^
These are so easy to make as they are made in a blender. This will crush up the oats so they act as the flour in this recipe. Then you can pour the mixture straight from the blender into the pan!
These pancakes are great plain, but some of my favourite variations include:
- Plain pancakes topped with Butter and Maple Syrup (a classic)
- Add a few fresh blueberries to each pancake before flipping, then top with more bluebs and syrup
- Add1 tablespoon cocoa to the mix before blending and top each pancake with a few chocolate chips before flipping. (they go gooey and it is amazing) Top with strawberries and of course...syrup!
Time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- 50g oats
- 1 egg
- 25ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Splash of vanilla
- 15g honey (optional)
- Toppings of choice
- Add all ingredients to a blender, reserving the toppings, and blend until smooth
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat
- Pour in a little batter into the centre of the pan. Wait for small bubbles to appear on the surface of the pancake and then flip. Cook for a few seconds on each side until golden.
- Stack high and pile on the toppings!
(Depending on how large you make the pancakes you will get 3-6)
Do you like pancakes? What are your favourite variations?