Happy New Year! One of my resolutions this year was to blog more and clearly it isn't going very well as we are already 2 weeks into the year and this is my first post! Oops...
Today I'm sharing a recipe for HEALTHY banana bread. Yes, that's a thing!
This is so easy to make and can be made with household ingredients in ONE BOWL - that means minimal washing up!
What makes this banana bread healthy is that there is no butter OR sugar in this recipe. It's made with honey, which combined with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas (and they must be ripe, no green bananas in sight please!) makes this cake delightfully sweet and simple. A little like me then! Now you can have your cake and eat it :)
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD:
Makes: 1 loaf
Time: 40 minutes
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananananas (lol)
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 80g honey
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add in the oil and honey and mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool before serving (if you are patient enough - I wasn't.)
Enjoy! Shivani X